I first started making lists of things I'm thankful for about 10 years ago when I read Simple Abundance by Sara Ban Breathnach. I can honestly say that the small act of writing down my blessings changed my life. I gradually turned away from focusing on what was lacking, and began to recognize how lucky I am.
So here we go!
Today I am thankful for:
- The clear blue skies of Santa Fe, New Mexico
- Having the day off from work
- An absolutely wonderful review of The Christmas Village over at Just Jingle's blog
- This new start my husband (aka RVPainter) and I are making in our lives (sold the house and buying an RV to travel around the country in next year)
- My husband, for so many reasons, but today's reason is for being willing and eager, at the age of 71, to set off on this adventure!
- Robyn and Angela at WOW - Women on Writing - who are organizing my upcoming blog tour - those ladies are awesome.
- That I will get to see and spend time with my friend Darla next weekend - I haven't seen her in over four years!
- To have finally realized what I believe to be my purpose in life - to have written a book that I would have loved to read as a child.
- For my family of friends at YogaSource here in Santa Fe
- For that earthy smell of autumn leaves on the ground
I've got a guest post on Becky Povich's blog, and we'll be giving away a copy of my book. Stop over there and leave a comment, and you'll be entered. The post is called "Finding Your People," and it's about finding those real and true connections as a writer, with others here in Bloggi Land, and in every aspect of life. Becky is a warm and wonderful lady, and definitely one of "my people!"