Melissa Ann Goodwin

Melissa Ann Goodwin

Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Limited Vision




I always dreamed of being a writer. I never dreamed of being a yoga teacher. Now I am both. Being a writer was a dream I dreamed for myself. Being a yoga teacher is a dream the universe dreamed for me. These two things, writing and yoga, have danced together in and out of my life since I was 10. In my 40's, they came together and stayed. I know that the universe wants me to teach yoga because it keeps dropping me into it and opening the doors for me. I don't think the universe is against me being a writer too, it's just that I saw that dream and knew it was within my control to make it happen, while living a yogic life and being a yoga teacher were not dreams I ever had for myself when I was growing up. Yet, somehow, I kept being nudged and directed and redirected down that path and when the time came, my soul said, "Yes, I want this," even though my mind had never consciously thought it.

This blog is Writeryogini because writing and yoga have become inextricably intertwined in my life. They are now both what I do and who I am. None of us are just one thing.  It's great to pursue our dreams, but we have to stay open to the idea that there may be more for us than just what we can see or imagine for ourselves. Being a writer was my vision for me. Being a writer and a yoga teacher were part of universe's bigger vision for me. Who knows what else there may be that is beyond the limits of my imagination?

2 comments:

  1. I am so impressed that you have recognised at least some of your life's paths.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am rather surprised myself! Life has turned out so differently from what I imagined, but what I imagined was too small and I'm very grateful that somehow I was able to step into unknown territory even when it scared me. Life is sure a journey into the unknown!

      Delete

Talk to me!