Melissa Ann Goodwin

Melissa Ann Goodwin

Monday, March 11, 2013

A Little Beach Scene for the Winter-Weary

My husband, RVPainter, has been very inspired by the beauty of the Florida Gulf Coast. Here is a painting he did this week - it's long and narrow - 4" by 26". I love those dimensions, because they capture an ocean/beach scene really well. He's got an ETSY SHOP now, with more of his work.

If you've had more than your share of wintry weather lately, you might enjoy seeing some palm trees and sand dunes. He's also doing some demos over on his blogs: RVPAINTER and AHHPUNTAHHHGORDAHHH.

Fort Pickens Dunes
I'm up to Chapter 17 of RETURN TO CANTERBURY, the sequel to THE CHRISTMAS VILLAGE. I'm excited about where the story is going, though I don't always know how I will get there! That's the adventure of writing -- being surprised yourself by what happens next!

Hope you are off to a good start this week!



10 comments:

  1. What a creative family you guys are. The painting really shows a beach at its best. Good luck with the book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the long narrow paintings - very unique presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty painting! You two are very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a gorgeous painting, and the narrow format is a wonderful depiction of the best of a beach. Just the same, here in Oz I am longing for winter. Such as our winters are...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, call me crazy, but sometimes I miss winter too!

      Delete
  5. Wonderful painting. Glad you're going so strong with the book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this is gorgeous. I'm heading to the beach myself in May and this only makes me more anxious to go.

    Yay for the continued progress on Return to Canterbury! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to inspire Julie! I loved your book. I'll put reviews up soon on Amazon and Goodreads. I'll do one here too. :)

      Delete

Talk to me!