- I did not start drinking coffee until I was around 30 years old. I was a milk drinker until then!!
- I love the smell of coffee more than the taste. But I LOVE the taste of that first cup of coffee in the morning.
- The second cup never tastes as good as the first
- I am not allowed to make the coffee in our house. RVPainter says that I make it wrong on purpose so that he will have to do it. This is not true - I try to make it right, according to his formula, but it doesn't come out the same. I can only surmise that he has left something out of his recipe. And from that I can only surmise that he WANTS to make my coffee everyday.
- The best coffee I ever had was at the Kauai Coffee Plantation on the island of Kauai, Hawaii. It was so good that we joined the Kauai Plantation Coffee of the Month club and had it delivered to us monthly. Our favorite was the Poipu Estate Blend. Since we will be traveling, we have had to give up this luxury. Wah wah wah
- A while back, I decided that I wanted to invest my IRA money in socially responsible stocks. Green Mountain Coffee Roasters came up as a company that dealt ethically with its farmers and suppliers and in an environmentally conscious way. I made a boatload of money on my GMCR stock, which split over and over and over during the 10 years I owned it. The moral as I see it, is that you CAN be ethical and profitable too.
- I do like Starbucks coffee, but I'm intimidated by all the choices and the things you hear people rattling off when they order: I'll have a tall skinny mini mocha locca caramelito latte please.
- It's hard to get good coffee when you are traveling. We are going to be going ALL OVER, so I'd GREATLY APPRECIATE it if you'd share what you think is the best coffee joint in your neck of the woods.
Here's a little coffee humor: